Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Book Review: How Come THAT Idiot's Rich and I'm Not

A book by Robert Shemin – 2008 Crown Publishers

I’ve had the advantage or disadvantage of reading other reviews for this book – and not a pretty lot in the bunch. I on the other hand enjoyed this book. But, I’m partial to self-help books that belong to the what I call ‘Tongue in Cheek Books,’ books that talk straight or seemingly talk straight.

This book aptly enough is about getting rich. His premise basically is: get off your duff, and just do something – a little bit everyday.

True anyone with a pen, brain, and a piece of paper could have put these principles into words – anyone could have – but the Author “DID”.

The book is divided into 3-parts: Part I – Forget what everyone told you, this is how it’s actually done; Part II – Think about how you fit into the picture; and Part III – Things the author thinks is important to own to be wealthy and why.

The book is easy to read, easy to understand, easy to follow. If you’re looking for a thesis on wealth building this isn’t it; if you’re looking for a starter book, and a book that kicks you into action, this is it.

I personally have been following this book since May 25th of this year and so far I’ve had no hiccups. Look for upcoming blogs on my progress with this book

Of course in all build wealth books: assets – especially derived examples – always seem to go up, never down. Hmmm?

Have a copy of the book? What do you think...


BM-

If you would like a signed copy of this book from the Climb the Ladder Team, please send an email to the address above at teamclimbtheladder@gmail.com –or– save yourself some money and order direct from Amazon: How Come THAT Idiot’s Rich and I’m Not.

No comments: